An Update on Our Response to The Circumstances Surrounding COVID-19
Please check this space for the most up-to-date information about RMHC CTX’s response to COVID-19. Most recent update: 3/18/20
As you can imagine, the entire team at RMHC CTX has been working tirelessly as the COVID-19 situation has evolved in Central Texas. We appreciate the patience and understanding of our entire community and network as we worked through our operations plan keeping our focus on the well-being of the families we serve (most of whom have children with compromised immune systems). As a member of our generous community of supporters, we would like to share the following changes to our community engagement:
- We are no longer allowing outside groups of visitors, including meal providers, into the Ronald McDonald House until at least April 30th. Instead, we are asking all meal providers with scheduled volunteer opportunities during that time frame to consider purchasing an individually portioned meal to be delivered from a restaurant. Alternatively, any community member can make a donation at this link, which can help cover the cost of a meal and provide other comforts of home.
- We have canceled all individual volunteer shifts in the Ronald McDonald House, in Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and for the Happy Wheels Carts until at least April 30th.
- We still welcome your support and need it more than ever! We do request that all donated items are sent through a delivery service such as Amazon – our wish lists can be found here. We will no longer accept in-person deliveries of items collected for families, such as decorations, children’s toys and activities, and toiletries until at least April 30th.
- We have made the difficult decision to postpone our upcoming Starlight Affair event and Red Shoe Luncheon will not occur on April 8th. The RMHC CTX website will continue to be updated as we confirm details related to the rescheduling of these events.
RMHC CTX has also made the following changes to our internal operations in order to further protect guest families and their hospitalized children:
- We are limiting the number and type of outside visitors into RMHC facilities – including the Ronald McDonald House. Only two parents/caregivers along with the patient’s siblings will be permitted to stay with us, and we will not be permitting guest visitors. We have posted signs on our doors to communicate these measures to ensure the health and safety of our guest families.
- Beginning Saturday, March 21st through April 11th no new families will be checked into the Ronald McDonald House. This policy may be extended as necessary.
- We continue to conduct our regular procedure to screen all incoming families for all contagious illnesses. Because many of the families we serve directly or indirectly may have weakened immune systems, we are always on alert for illness. Our whole building and, particularly, our high traffic areas, receive detailed cleaning. We have increased hand sanitizing stations and posted signs throughout the building about hygiene and hand washing.
- As it pertains to our staff members, we have assessed our work from home capabilities and many team members will be working from home. Our staff will also no longer be representing RMHC CTX at any 3rd party fundraisers or presentations until at least April 30th. All non-essential meetings are being held virtually – either by phone or video conference.
We are closely monitoring guidance from government agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Labor, our RMHC Global leadership and others, regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”) and will continue to follow their direction. We look forward to resuming business as usual and are grateful to our entire community for your continued support, which is so critical during this time.