Meals from the Heart
We are thrilled to welcome Meal Program volunteers back into the Ronald McDonald House. Please see below for details on volunteer qualifications. Should you have any additional questions please reach out to Caroline Targonski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Only meal groups of up to six (6) people maximum will be permitted in the kitchen in order to maintain proper social distancing
- Volunteers will be screened for temperature upon arrival for each shift
- Volunteers will be required to wear gloves during meal preparation
- Meal providers can choose to volunteer for a breakfast, lunch, or dinner shift
- Breakfast shifts will begin at 7:30AM and breakfast should be served by 9AM for 20-25 people.
- Lunch shifts will begin at 10AM and lunch should be served by 12PM for 20-25 people
- Dinner shifts will begin at 4PM and dinner should be served by 6PM for 25-30 people
- Brunch shifts (on Saturday & Sunday) will begin at 9:30AM and brunch should be served by 11:30AM for 15-20 people.
- Volunteers will need to prepare meals that can then be individually packaged in single-serve containers
Prepare a Meal
We provide the kitchen, you provide the food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner opportunities are available. Volunteers choose the menu, purchase the ingredients, prepare the meal and serve our families in individual packaging.
Sponsor a Meal
Support families at the Ronald McDonald House by catering a meal. Meals must be prepared by a restaurant or in a commercial kitchen in individual packaging and can be delivered by you or the restaurant.
Lunches with Love
Gather co-workers, friends and family to assemble sack lunches for families so they always have a meal and never have to leave their children’s side. You gather the food supplies, including the lunch sacks, bring everything to Ronald McDonald House (Austin) or the Family Room (Brazos Valley) for assembly and then deliver them to the Family Rooms.