Our House is filled with more than help; it's filled with hope
Many families travel far from home and spend several weeks or months to get treatment for their seriously ill or injured children – a long time to be away or to divide a family. And, for children facing a serious medical crisis, nothing seems scarier than not having mom and dad close by for love and support. Our House is a “home-away-from-home” for families so they can stay close by their hospitalized child at little to no cost.
Our House is built on the simple idea that nothing else should matter when a family is focused on the health of their child – not where they can afford to stay, where they will get their next meal or where they will lay their head at night. We believe that when a child is hospitalized the love and support of family is as powerful as the strongest medicine.
The Ronald McDonald House keeps families close to their children. The generosity of volunteers and donors make our House possible and gives our families a place to stay for a small donation of $20 per night. No family, however, is ever turned away if they can’t pay.
Helping Families Face the Weight of Illness Together
Families are stronger when they are together, which helps in the healing process. By staying at the Ronald McDonald House, parents can better communicate with their child’s medical team and maintain treatment plans when needed. They can focus solely on the health of their child, rather than grocery shopping, cleaning or cooking meals.
Their Children Can Get the Best Care
When a child is sick, parents want the best care possible – even if it’s hundreds of miles away. The Ronald McDonald House that’s close to Austin-area hospitals allows families to access specialized medical treatment by providing a place to stay at little or sometimes no cost.
Comforts at the Ronald McDonald House
- Private guest suites with bathrooms that can accommodate up to six people; wheel-chair accessible rooms are available
- Four private guest suites with kitchenettes for families with children in outpatient treatment
- Home-cooked meals provided by volunteers
- Kitchen and dining area with microwave, refrigerator and ovens
- Laundry facilities
- Internet Access with free WiFi
- Computer access in most rooms or on the second floor
- Fitness facility
- Play area and playground for children
- Entertainment area with video games
- Complimentary bus vouchers available for families without transportation
The Ronald McDonald House is located just steps away from Dell Children’s Medical Center at 1315 Barbara Jordan Blvd. Austin, TX 78723
Thank you to our Adopt-A-Room Sponsors!
WHAT WE DO
Providing comfort and support to families with sick children