FRIENDS OF THE HOUSE
Young professionals making a difference in the lives of Central Texas families
Young Professionals Giving Back
Friends of the House is a young professional group that comes together to support the children and families served by Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas. Together, members fundraise, volunteer and participate in events that bring comfort to the families who rely on our “home-away-from-home”. Friends of the House members enjoy many activities and benefits including:
- Participating on a Cook Team to show off your culinary talents for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House
- Hearing from some of Austin’s biggest movers and shakers at the quarterly Speaker Series luncheons
- Enjoying quarterly Happy Hours where you can mix and mingle with Friends of the House members
- Receiving discounted admission at special Fundraising Events including House Party and RMHC CTX’s, Bandana Ball and the Lights of Love
- Joining Volunteer Opportunities like the Friends of the House holiday decorating party or Valentine’s Build-A-Bear event
- Getting involved in leadership opportunities and serving on the Leadership Council to help direct the Friends of the House strategy
Want to stay informed about all the upcoming Friends of the House events? Please send your contact information here.
Become a Friend today
It costs $100 per night for RMHC CTX to cover the cost of a family staying at the Ronald McDonald House. Families are asked to donate $20 per night, but no family is ever turned away due to an inability to pay. By becoming a member of Friends of the House, you will help support family night stays at the Ronald McDonald House.
Friends of the House three different membership levels include:
- $10 monthly membership
- $100 annual membership
- $1,000 lifetime membership – With this one-time gift, not only will you enjoy all the member benefits, but your name is permanently featured on a plaque showcased at the Ronald McDonald House and you’ll receive an exclusive invitation to dine with RMHC CTX’s Executive Director and Board President
If you are interested in joining Friends of the House, but want to experience an event before committing, come out to a Cook Night, Happy Hour, or Speaker Series and learn more about the organization. To stay connected and updated about Friends of the House events and opportunities, please email our Leadership Council and ask to be placed on our E-news List.
The Leadership Council is the executive team overseeing Friends of the House. Interested in joining Leadership Council? For more information, click here.
Since 2012, Friends of the House has made an impact!
- $119,000 raised from House Party
- 900 volunteer hours to support families with hospitalized children
- 60 comforting meals prepared for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House
Connect with us!
WHAT WE DO
Keeping families together to help kids heal and cope better