RONALD MCDONALD FAMILY ROOM
A comforting place to rest at the hospital
When families walk into one of our three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, we want them to forget they’re in a hospital. Located near the neonatal intensive care units, our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms offer a place to rest and regroup right at the hospital, just moments away from their sick child.
Our Family Rooms are located at:
- St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas
- Dell Children’s Medical Center
- St. David’s Medical Center
- Seton Medical Center Austin (Tentatively May 10, 2015)
- We are currently working with Bryan-College Station hospitals to bring Ronald McDonald Family Rooms to the Brazos Valley.
Help Children Heal and Cope Better
Research shows that a family presence in the hospital helps children heal and cope better. Staying close by allows parents to better communicate with their child’s medical team and helps them maintain complicated treatment plans.
Services for Families
- Living room area with comfortable seating
- Kitchen and dining area with a microwave and refrigerator
- Sleeping rooms at St. David’s Medical Center and Dell Children’s Medical Center; contact the nurse to reserve a sleeping room
- Shower facilities
- Laundry facilities, including washers, dryers and laundry detergent at Dell Children’s Medical Center
- Computers with Internet access
- A seating area with a television
- A quiet room
- Snacks and beverages; meals are occasionally provided
WHAT WE DO
Keeping families together to help kids heal and cope better